For convenience, I'm making the species found in the Quick Start rules available here, as well. First up, the species that started it all, focus of the classic Watership Down and the original animal fantasy RPG, Bunnies & Burrows.
Rabbits have the unfortunate fate of being delicious to nearly every kind of predator. They make up for it by being quick, smart, and crafty. Also, rabbits are believed to be the inventors of herbalism, and are certainly its masters.
AT (Dam.): bite (1d3), rear kick (1 hp [1d2])
Beginning HP: 3 
Habitat: Temperate (desert, forest, plains/scrub)
- Leap: Rabbits use their Trickster level rather than their Warrior level when making jump checks. Further, they get a +4 bonus on such checks. On a successful lore check, they can jump up to 3 feet in the air, or cover a distance of up to 9 feet without crossing the ground in between.
- Low-Light Vision
- Tunnel Sense: Rabbits do not have a substantial burrowing speed, but are still familiar with underground environments. They get a +1 bonus on all lore checks to notice unusual earthenworks, such as traps, recent burrowing, unsafe tunnels, and so forth.
- +2 bonus on lore checks to hide and move silently
- –3 penalty on all Warrior lore checks related to feats of strength
- Suitable Niches: Healer, Herbalist, Runner, Seer, Storyteller, Trickster.