Pandas are serene and ponderous (other bears say, "lazy"), and have an even greater association with meditative and spiritual practices than their cousins in other lands. Almost purely vegetarian, they are peace-loving and playful to a fault, but still capable of handling themselves in a fight if necessary.
AT (Dam): 1 bite (1d5 [1d6]), 2 claws (1d3)
Beginning HP: 7 
Habitat: Temperate forest and mountains
- Calming Presence: Pandas inspire stillness in others. Simply being in their presence grants other animals a +2 bonus on Seer checks or other lore checks that involve concentration, and a +1 bonus on Fear saves and other rolls to resist a forced shift in Attitude.
- Low-Light Vision
- Panda's Thumb: Pandas have a "mutant" radial sesamoid bone that functions almost like a thumb, and makes them better at grasping small objects than other bears. They get a +1 bonus on all lore checks that involve tool use or manipulation of objects (but not trap-springing, sleight of paw, or other uses that mimic the use of true hands).
- Still Mind: It's difficult to get a panda riled up. Storyteller lore checks attempting to shift their Attitude in a more hostile direction suffer a -2 penalty. Pandas also get a +2 bonus on Fear saves.
- Unique Diet: Pandas are the only bears naturally capable of eating bamboo, their favorite and almost only food. They get a +2 bonus on all Herbalist lore checks involving the use of bamboo, and with a successful Challenging Healer lore check, can boost their natural healing capability by 50% per day by eating a dose of bamboo.
- +2 bonus on all lore checks that involve climbing. This becomes +4 if climbing rocks or trees.
- Suitable Niches: Guardian, Healer, Herbalist, Seer