Among the noblest and most majestic of raptor birds, eagles range most of the world and prey on all manner of species. They have even been known to attack prey larger than themselves, and are in fact one of the physically strongest flying birds in all the animal kingdom.
In fantasy realms, eagles often ally with elves and other fey creatures, especially in times of war against goblins, orcs, and the twisted worg wolves who serve them.
To small terrestrial species, eagles are a nightmare from the sky, but they are also respected for their courage. Potential prey approaching an eagle would do well to shower the bird with flattery, as eagles are quite susceptible to their own self-image as the kings of the birds.
AT (Dam): 2 claws, 1 bite (1d2/1d2/1d4)
Beginning HP: 5 
Habitat: Sub-arctic to sub-tropical
MV: 2; flying 12
- Excellent Vision: Eagles can see three times better than a longpaw under normal conditions, granting them a +4 bonus on all lore checks to spot hidden objects or track moving targets on the ground from great heights.
- Flyby Attack
- Great Strength: Eagles are among the strongest flying birds in existence; some have been known to lift targets three times their own body weight into the air. They get a +2 bonus on all lore checks involving airborne feats of strength made against targets on the ground.
- Low-Light Vision
- Spatial Awareness: Like other flying birds and most sea creatures, eagles can easily think and fight in three dimensions. They suffer no penalties in "aerial" combat against land-dwelling creatures who enter their habitat.
- Swoop: Eagles can mount a flying charge attack against creatures at a lower altitude. This gives them a +2 to hit and lets them inflict double damage on their target. However, it imposes a 2-point penalty on their Armor Class.
- +6 bonus on all move silently checks while airborne
- Suitable Niches: Herbalist, Runner, Scout, Warrior