Thursday, July 14, 2016

Progress Report

The manuscript for the Great & Small "core rules" has now reached 100 pages and nearly 44,000 words (all in 12 pt Times New Roman, single spaced between lines with a space at the end of each paragraph).  Some of that is material that I will probably split off from the main document and offer as "web enchancements" or something like that when I go to offer hard copies + art versions for sale.

I'm also teaching myself how to use Scribus, since I haven't done any graphic design or page layout stuff since I was 1st level or so. I'm envisioning the book/PDF as a digest size product, similar to LotFP's stuff, or Elf Lair Games' Spellcraft & Swordplay. I plan to produce an artless PDF layout for free distribution, and hope to raise money to take care of artists and publishing fees for a paid PDF/print version of the game. That's what any crowd-funding will cover, assuming I don't win a lottery between now and then.

Once again, thanks to everyone for all the support. As you can see from today's flurry of new posts, I am hard at work on this project again.

1 comment:

  1. All our support and prayers are with you. You are doing an amazing job. Thanks for sharing the progress report with us. We always look forward to your articles.

    ReplyDelete