Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hail and well met, traveler!

I know what you're thinking.

"What necromancy is this? Another retroclone?! Looks like someone failed their save vs. feeblemind.  Hasn't everyone raided this corpse for anything worthwhile by now?  There can't possibly be anything new left to find."

Well, I humbly submit that I have indeed found something that qualifies as, if not "new" exactly, then definitely as distinct.  You can learn more about my project by clicking on the page tabs above, so I won't bother repeating myself.  I'll just say hello, and welcome to my little blog.

It's my dream that Great & Small: The Roleplaying Game Of Animal Fantasy will grow to become a commercial project, where a portion of every sale goes to aid an animal charity of the purchaser's choice (you can see some of my favorites on the links to the right).  But that's probably a long way off, if not a pipe dream altogether, so let's just call this my baby's first steps.

Over the next year, I'll be using this blog to expand the options from the Quick Start documents, in order to broaden the scope of G&S games for all players.  This will include a regular installment called Featured Creature, in which I provide the playable game stats for a new species of animal each time; proposed house rules that, if popular enough, might make it into the final expanded version; and details on three different campaign schemes (and some accompanying adventure seeds) for animal player characters.

Along the way, I'll also occasionally share reviews of other game products, shine a spotlight on some of the literature and movies that served as inspiration for the G&S game, and post animal news from the real world.

Thanks again for stopping by, and please feel free to send me feedback on the material you find here.  I want to make this project the best it can be -- for myself, for all of you, and for our fellow Earthlings, great and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment